Monday, October 3, 2016

Object (Oil Painting)

For this project we were supposed to take a picture of different everyday objects. I searched and found these three pictures. The picture of the red and white flowers and the one with the shells were from the Olson house in Maine where Andrew Wyeth painted a lot of his pictures. The third was a picture I took in my art class of some flowers my teacher got for her birthday.








Mrs. Rossi said she like the red flower picture the best so I traced out the basic proportions of it and used a green acrylic wash for the base of the background. 
I had a really hard time adding depth into the flowers and the shelf so it looks flatter than it should. I really need to paint the edges and create more blue green shadowing in the flowers.


I also need to go back into the napkin and add some detail and shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment